- A curriculum that is Bible-based and Christ centred
- A partnership with parents/whanau to nurture their children
- Students who are equipped to positively impact the world
- An inclusive community that honours cultural diversity
- An environment which challenges learners to faithfully develop their giftings
- A collaborative culture of excellence
- A culture of prayer
Valued Student Outcomes
- Actively demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit
- Make decisions based on a Biblical world view
- Be an authentic disciple of Christ
- Live to please God through excellence
- Share personal faith with others
- Be an independent, assessment capable learner
- Have a strong cultural and spiritual identity
- Be an effective communicator
- Seek to serve the community and to be inclusive
- Be collaborative
- Respect, appreciate and discern the ideas and cultures of others
- Think critically and to be engaged
- Be good citizens and show concern for others
- Be actively involved in solving real life problems
- Be a problem solver
- Be resilient
- Respond to a changing world
- Develop giftings faithfully
Jireh Christian School’s Statement of Faith:
Jireh Christian School is non-denominational. Whilst teachers and school families represent many different Christian congregations, we hold to the following truths:
We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God is love, God is holy, and God is the source of all wisdom.
In his sovereignty, God created the heavens and earth, and declared them good. God upholds and sustains all things.
We believe in Jesus Christ, the only Son of the Father. Through him and for him all things were created. He is God incarnate, the true image of God, fully God and fully human.
God created human beings in his own image. As image bearers we are designed for relationship with God and with one another, are blessed to be fruitful and productive in all areas of life, to the glory of God, and are entrusted with the stewardship and care of God’s world.
Our relationship with God, with others, and with creation was fractured when sin, evil, and death entered the world. All have sinned and are unable to restore their relationship with God by their own efforts.
Therefore, God sent his only Son into the world. Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, and lived a holy, loving, and sinless life. He was crucified, died, and was buried. On the third day he rose from the dead. He ascended into heaven and now reigns at the right hand of the Father.
Through Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection, God revealed himself to the world, defeated the powers of sin, evil, and death, provided for our salvation and reconciliation to Him, inaugurated the kingdom of God, and is working to renew all things. Jesus’ resurrection marks the beginning of the new creation.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, who is at work in the world bringing people to faith, drawing them to God, guiding them into truth, and working in them regeneration and transformation so that those in Christ will be conformed to his image. All the redeemed in Christ are united by the Holy Spirit and belong to one, holy, universal Church.
We believe that the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are inspired by God. As the supreme account of God’s activity in the world, they attest to Christ and are trustworthy and authoritative. The Holy Scriptures are God’s word to us through human authors.
Creation is moving toward its God ordained goal, when Christ will return as king, the dead will be resurrected, God will bring about his final justice and reconciliation, and the heavens and earth will be made new.
To be disciples of Christ is to respond to Christ’s call and to participate in God’s story as revealed in Scripture: to seek to know God’s word and bear witness to his gospel; to seek to know and share in God’s work and world; to form communities of faithfulness; and to be co-labourers with Christ in the renewal of all things.1
1We also hold to the Apostles Creed and the Nicene Creed, the first two historic creeds of the Christian faith.
About the Statement of Faith:
Jireh Christian School was founded to educate children of Christian families in a non-denominational environment. Our Statement of Faith encompasses all mainstream denominations that are biblical, broadly evangelical and adhere to traditional Christian values. All teachers are fully qualified and registered. As committed Christians they view their employment as a calling and part of their Christian service