Jireh School has:
- A curriculum that is Bible-based and Christ centred
- A partnership with parents/whanau to nurture their children
- Students who are equipped to positively impact the world
- An inclusive community that honours cultural diversity
- An environment which challenges learners to faithfully develop their giftings
- A collaborative culture of excellence
- A culture of prayer
Valued Student Outcomes
- Actively demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit
- Make decisions based on a Biblical world view
- Be an authentic disciple of Christ
- Living to please God through excellence
- Share personal faith with others
- Independent, Assessment capable learner
- To have a strong cultural and spiritual identity
- Effective communicator
- Seeking to serve the community and to be inclusive
- Respect, appreciate and discern the ideas and cultures of others
- To think critically and to be engaged
- Be good citizens show concern for others
- Be actively involved in solving real life problems
- To be a problem solver
- To persevere
- To be resilient
- Respond to a changing world
- Develop giftings faithfully
Jireh Christian School’s Statement of Faith:
- We believe in the Triune God, eternal in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit; One God, the only living and true God, the creator of Heaven and Earth.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the Father; that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, crucified, died and was buried, was resurrected from the dead and ascended into Heaven; that He is presently at the right hand of God the Father as prophet, priest and king and will personally return to earth in power and glory to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as originally given are the inspired and infallible record of the revelation of God to man, and are the supreme authority in all matters of life and faith.
- We believe in the sovereignty of God in creation, providence and redemption.
- We believe God’s acts of creation, and not evolution, are responsible for the origin of all things, and that creation according to the Biblical record is an historical event.
- We believe in the Providence of God whereby He upholds the universe, governs the world, supplies the needs of His creatures and brings His will to pass.
- We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God to have dominion over the Earth and to do all things to the glory of God.
- We believe in man’s universal fall into sin through Adam’s transgression and in his subsequent guilt, depravity, judgment and condemnation.
- We believe in the free offer of salvation to all men and the necessity of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved.
- We believe that to those who believe God imputes righteousness – not on account of their faith or good works but because of God’s grace.
- We believe in the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to apply the benefits of Christ’s redemption to individual sinners, working in them at times regeneration, faith, repentance, sanctification, and glory to God.
- We believe the Holy Spirit’s indwelling of the believer begins at regeneration and enables the believer to continuously die unto and be forgiven for sin and to live unto righteousness.
- We believe in one Holy, universal Church, the Body of Christ, to which all God’s redeemed people belong and in which they are united through the Spirit.
About the Statement of Faith:
Jireh Christian School was founded to educate children of Christian families in a non-denominational environment. Our Statement of Faith encompasses all mainstream denominations that are biblical, broadly evangelical and adhere to traditional Christian values. All teachers are fully qualified and registered. As committed Christians they view their employment as a calling and part of their Christian service
Phone 09 836 6913
St. Georges Bay Road, Avondale, Auckland 0600